I haven’t been posting, but I’ve been thinking a lot. I have a gazillion posts written in my head but no energy to post a thing. I think it’s because this pregnancy is so different from my last one. I’ve found this time around to be so much harder on me.
Here are a few things that have really shocked me this time around.
- Even thought I never thought it possible, I am even more sick this time around. My nausea lasts all day. At least with Em, I was ok by mid afternoon. Not this time.
- You would think that I wouldn’t have much of a belly with how sick I’ve been but I seemed to have “popped” much sooner. Looking at previous pics, I’m looking about 24 weeks instead of 17.
- I’m exhausted. I worked full-time and still managed to have a pretty good social life with the Emma. Now I pray each day that I make it till 8pm and don’t fall asleep with Emma in the bath tub!
- I’m really achy. Each night I lay in bed and feel like I’m 80 years old. My hips and back are killing me. Am I that out of shape? (Please don’t answer that.)
- Heartburn. What little food I do eat, stays with me. Not in a good way.
- Lack of bladder control. TMI I know, but jeez. I will never be able to sneeze or cough worry free again!
- The worst? Gas and “plumbing” problems. I honestly didn’t have these issues with Emma until month 8 or 9. This is just wrong!
I don’t know, is it just me? How was your second pregnancy? Was yours so different from your first or am I just being hormonal and everything is bothering me?