Disneyland just announced the dates for the Halloween activities and Mickey’s Halloween Party. Last year was our first year visiting Disneyland during Halloween. We are so glad we went, and we’re going again this year.
Starting September 13th through October 31st, Disneyland will be transformed for Halloween. You’ll see Mickey and friends in their Halloween costumes, a Dia de los Muertos celebration, and the special after-hours Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland Park.
The daily Halloween Time celebration at Disneyland is a sight to see for all ages. In addition to the traditional Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy here’s what you can expect during the holiday at Disneyland:
- For spine-tingling fun, drop in at The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™* at Disney California Adventure Park, where a “supernatural” event happened on Halloween night, 1939, forever haunting the building.
- Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland Park is transformed for the Pumpkin Festival, with hundreds of pumpkins on display, no two of them the same.
- Disney villains will be conjured up in a sideshow tent at the Halloween Carnival at Big Thunder Ranch in Frontierland.
- Guests at Halloween Carnival at Big Thunder Ranch will also find some favorite Disney characters in Halloween costumes, along with pumpkin carvers, Halloween décor and activities for youngsters.
- Frontierland observes Dia de los Muertos with a traditional skeleton display.
This year, the after-hours Mickey’s Halloween Party is a separate-ticket event for trick-or-treating families. This is the only time of year Disney allows guest to dress in costumes. This event will happen over 13 nights throughout September and October. I was really excited to see the addition of Monsters University in the events. This year, Mike and Sulley will be joining Mickey and friends for a “Monsters U Dance Party” at Tomorrowland Terrace.
Mickey’s Halloween Party dates are: Sept. 27, Oct. 1, 4, 8, 11, 15, 18, 21, 23, 25, 28, 30, 31.
Tickets go on sale July 8th for Annual Passholders, Disney Visa Card holders, and DVC members. Tickets will go on sale to the general public starting July 15 at Disneyland.com/Halloween.