It’s that time of year again when Disneyland gets ready to transform the parks for the holidays. We love Disneyland at Christmas, but if you haven’t been for Halloween yet, it’s a must.
Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure Parks will be transformed into a fun, family-friendly, spooky themed environment. Staring Friday, September 12th, you’ll be able to visit the parks and see select rides transformed, Mickey and friends in Halloween costumes, and there will be more Disney Villains running around than you can imagine. I think that’s what I love most about this time of year, you actually get to see more villains than usual. Plus, the extra Halloween themed treats throughout the parks. Including cute jack-o-lateen carmel apples, and pumpkin beignets.
During this time of year, they also host the Mickey’s Halloween Party. It’s a special event that requires an additional ticket. Adults and kids alike can dress up and trick-or-treat in the parks. We went to our first party last year and had a blast. I vowed then, it would be an annual tradition for our family.
If you haven’t been to Mickey’s Halloween Party before, here’s what you can expect from the special event:
- The “Halloween Screams” fireworks spectacular, hosted by “Master of Scare-omonies” Jack Skellington (presented exclusively for guests of Mickey’s Halloween Party)
- “Monsters U Dance Party” at Tomorrowland Terrace, where guests can join Mike & Sulley and their fellow students of Monsters University in a fun and family-friendly frat party.
- “Mickey’s Costume Party” cavalcade featuring some favorite characters, performed twice nightly
- Disney villains arriving amid thunder and lightning to transform Town Square into Villains Square, on Main Street, U.S.A.
- The Cadaver Dans ghoul quartet, performing Halloween-themed tunes aboard a drifting graveyard-themed raft on the Rivers of America
- An opportunity for everyone in the family to attend the park in costume.
- Photo locations with popular Disney and Pixar Pals, and Disney Villains
- Nearly all the Disneyland rides and attractions, plus Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy
- Parking for one standard-size vehicle is included with the purchase of Mickey’s Halloween Party tickets.
The 2014 dates for Mickey’s Halloween Party are: Friday, Sept. 26; Tuesday, Sept. 30; Friday, Oct. 3; Monday, Oct. 6, Wednesday, Oct. 8; Friday, Oct. 10; Tuesday, Oct. 14; Friday, Oct. 17; Monday, Oct. 20; Wednesday, Oct. 22; Friday, Oct. 24; Monday, Oct. 27; Wednesday, Oct. 29; and Friday, Oct. 31.
Tickets to Mickey’s Halloween Party go on sale for Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club members and Disney Visa Card members on Wednesday, July 16, and for the general public on Wednesday, July 30.